Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012

Here we are, it's 2012.  I certainly did not make 52 different delectable confections in 2011.  I did learn a few things from last year.  Number 1, no one, not even Grandma, would slave over a hot oven in a North Carolina summer.  It's too hot and gross outside and raising the air conditioning bill even further is a bit ridiculous.  Second, writing a blog is not easy, especially if you want it to be vaguely interesting beyond the recipe; not to mention the high demand for pictures, pictures, pictures!  Getting to know Grandma, my aunts and mother through this baking adventure has been a lot of fun.  I enjoy baking as a hobby and want to learn new methods while keeping the old traditions (yes, I will probably always use a sifter).  So my goal for the next year is to keep this blog up with various baking adventures, even if they aren't always from Grandma's recipe box. 

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment