Friday, December 31, 2010

Sugar Cookie Recipe 1 : Me 0

As you might expect, the recipe failed to roll out.  The dough was much much too sticky.  I think this is on par with Gorilla Glue not Elmer's.  There's no use wasting good dough, so I decided to try my nifty new cookie pans.  Just in case you don't know, don't stuff them full of cookie dough.  You get GIANT cookie puff muffin-like things (at this point I'm not sure they can be called cookies).  The non-stick pan did live up to advertisement, which is fortunate because I'd already made one giant mess.  I decided I could make nice round cookies after my too sticky to roll, puffy muffin debacles.  One handy cookie scoop, some sugar sprinkles and away we go.  They turned out pretty nice, but the texture is a little off.  When these cookies roll, you roll them to about 1/4 inch thickness.  This gives it a nice texture crunch with a little loft.  My round cookies have a good bit of loft, so to me it's definitely a good, but different moment. :-) 

Hrmmm, think I'll try Grandpa's side of the family sugar cookies next...



uh oh, rolled a little, but dough sticking slightly to non-stick (I don't really believe it) rolling pin


dough really sticking, ok, like half the dough


dough stuck to counter (even with extra flour), rolling pin, and me



fluffy, puffy muffin "cookies"

the relief side of the fluffy muffin like "cookies"










No comments:

Post a Comment