Friday, January 28, 2011

Delicious Cream Cookies - Variations

So my encouraging office mates suggested that I consider varying the flavor of these cookies just a bit.  Being something of a scientist and loving a good experiment I decided to give it a try.  I quartered the recipe - yes, that dreadful math thing - and gave it a whirl.  I only got through 1 experiment before inconveniently running out of baking powder.  :-(

*Keven's hint - to quarter something like 2/3 cream, use a food scale to weigh the 2/3, take that measurement in ounces and divide by 4.  Then use the scale to measure the quartered amount.

instead of raisins, nuts, and lemon extract:

Experiment #1 - Cranberry Orange

1/2 t orange extract (I discovered orange isn't quite as strong a flavor as lemon)
1/2 C dried cranberries
1/4 - 1/2 C pecans



Experiment #2 - Dark Chocolate Cherry

1/2 t almond extract
1/2 C dried cherries, diced a little they're kind of big
1/2 bar chopped 70% dark chocolate (I used "Theo & Jane Goodall 70% (cacao)" chocolate bar. Theo Chocolate is the only organic fair trade certified chocolate in the U.S.)




Experiment #3 - Blueberry Lemon

Experiment #4 - Orange Chocolate

1/2 t orange extract
1/2 C mini chocolate chips


1 comment: